My simple Serpent Sting macro:
#showtooltip Serpent Sting
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Serpent Sting
I had admittedly have limited data. I hopefully will have some more by next week.
We raided Will of the Emperor for the first time last week and then hit it again (and got him) on Monday. Last week we only had two somewhat lame attempts as it was pretty late. (And one of our tanks has three green pieces of gear!) The differences and caveats between the two nights were:
- I used Serpent Sting a lot more. I didn't DoT every single mob but close.
- Serpent Sting does more flat-out damage.
- I used my mouse-over macro and didn't have any good DoT tracking.
- I probably refreshed SrSs I shouldn't have.
- I was a bit more capable the second night.
- But I had the same gear.
- Normal v Crits, Tick count, and percentage of damage for crits and non were all about the same.
There were a fair number of times where I tried to SrS a few mobs and at some point in the DoT'm up process I was below 15 focus. I don't have a good way to track DoTs and recover or reapply them. So while it's cheap, it's not free or particularly easy.